Reserved IP addresses for Cloud Services & Virtual Machines
New A8/A9 Virtual Machine Sizes
Regional Virtual Networks
Deploying Antimalware Solutions on Azure Virtual Machines
I just added screenshots from the updates from Scott’s presentation but in the following days I’ll elaborate on those features in other blog posts but the most significant updates for me were:
– GA of Dynamic Routing
– GA of Point to Site VPN
– Internal Static IPs for VM
– DB size increase to 500Gb
– Self Service Restore
check for more details on this post from the product team.
Yesterday in Build we announced the new Microsoft Azure management portal in preview, we still maintain the current portal of course.
The new portal can be accessed via http://portal.azure.com
The old portal is still can be accessed via http://manage.windowsazure.com
For more details about the new portal , check this post from the product team.
Untill recently IP-addresses of Azure virtual machines were not static/fixed. A VM which had been shutdown (for example to reduce costs, think test/dev scenario’s) could receive a different IP-address at boot than orginally assigned at creation. This leads to all kinds of issues. A new Powershell for Azure version solves this issue.
Windows Azure once started as a Platform as a Service (Paas) offer. It is also a best effort cloud, which means the availability should be provided by the application, not by the platform. This is proven for example by the lack of a Service Level Agreement for single instance virtual machines. Customers are required to have at least two virtual machines serving the same application to get a SLA.
Since April 2013 Azure offers Virtual Machines which provides the ability for customers to have full control over the guest operating system. One of the tricky things in…
View original post 366 more words
Check the full list here with details
- ExpressRoute: Dedicated, private, high-throughput network connectivity with on-premises
- Web Sites: Backup and Restore Support
- Mobile Services: .NET support, Notification Hub Integration, PhoneGap support
- HDInsight: Hadoop 2.2 support
- Management: Co-admin limit increased from 10->200 users
- Monitoring: Service Outage Notifications Integrated within Management Portal
- Virtual Machines: VM Agent and Background Information Support
- Active Directory: More SaaS apps, more reports, self-service group management
- BizTalk Services: EDIFACT protocol support, Service Bus Integration, Backup and Restore
List of new features, for more check the link for ScottGu blog post.
- Storage: Import/Export Hard Disk Drives to your Storage Accounts
- HDInsight: General Availability of our Hadoop Service in the cloud
- Virtual Machines: New VM Gallery, ACL support for VIPs
- Web Sites: WebSocket and Remote Debugging Support
- Notification Hubs: Segmented customer push notification support with tag expressions
- TFS & GIT: Continuous Delivery Support for Web Sites + Cloud Services
- Developer Analytics: New Relic support for Web Sites + Mobile Services
- Service Bus: Support for partitioned queues and topics
- Billing: New Billing Alert Service that sends emails notifications when your bill hits a threshold you define